COFFEE, TEA & CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS POST 10: VICTORIA SUE



HEY FRIENDS, AND MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE! I AM HERE WITH POST 10 OF MY COFFEE, TEA & CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS EVENT AND I HAVE A POST BY VICTORIA SUE!! LOOK BELOW FOR THAT, HER BIO AND SOCIAL LINKS AND THE LINKS TO THE REVIEWS I HAVE DONE OF HER BOOKS! 

Boxing Day
In the UK, the day after Christmas is also a holiday. The 26th December is called Boxing Day, and as I understand it, it was the day all the masters of the large stately homes gave their servants presents or “boxes.”
Hence the name.
Don’t get me wrong Christmas Day was and is wonderful, but I have a special place in my heart for Boxing Day.
Leftovers!!!!  
Yes, Boxing Day was the day you got to eat what you want when you wanted it – no one attempting to force brussel sprouts down your throat or Grandma’s turkey stuffing. (Both my own personal versions of HELL) Me and my brother named it “The Day of Random Relatives” where people either too busy or not important enough to be invited to the main event the day before showed up usually with presents for the kids (me)
Then I moved to the US – YOU DON’T CELEBRATE BOXING DAY!
What the actual f***?
I was gutted. I mean – sure you have holidays we don’t. (The certain one celebrating a war we lost in July obviously springs to mind) but I honestly think this country needs Boxing Day. It needs a day to decompress after Christmas.
2016 has been a horrible year. We lost so many good people, and I’m not even gonna touch what happened in November.
I’m starting a petition.
America NEEDS a boxing day. Who’s with me?
(Taking signatures below)

I WILL SIGN THAT PETITION :) THANKS FOR THE AWESOME POST SUE! CHECK OUT HER BIO AND LINKS BELOW:

Victoria Sue… Wrote her first book on a dare from her hubby two years ago and he says he has regretted it every day since. Loves writing about gorgeous boys loving each other the best—especially with either a paranormal or a historical twist. Had a try at writing contemporary but failed spectacularly when it grew four legs and a tail. Loves her wolves! Is an English northern lass but is currently serving twenty to life in Florida—unfortunately, she spends more time chained to her computer than on a beach. Loves to hear from her readers and can be found most days lurking on Facebook.




NOW FOR MY REVIEWS OF SUE'S AMAZING BOOKS!!














IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ANY OF THESE CHECK EM OUT! YOU WILL BE VERY GLAD YOU DID! THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR POST 10, AND THANKS AGAIN SUE FOR AN AMAZING POST! YOU GUYS HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment