SCENES FROM ADELAIDE ROAD RELEASE DAY REVIEW


HEY GUYS, I AM SO GLAD I FINALLY GET TO BRING YOU THE RELEASE DAY OF SCENES FROM ADELAIDE ROAD BY HELENA STONE, THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!! BELOW IS MY REVIEW, LINKS, AN EXCERPT, AND EVEN AN AUTHOR BIO AND SOCIAL LINKS, SO LET'S GET STARTED!



I DID THIS QUOTE IN HONOR OF ONE OF THE MOST VALUABLE LESSONS LENNART LEARNS IN THIS STORY. HERE IS MY REVIEW:


                                Scenes From Adelaide Road by: Helena Stone
                                                                  reviewed by: Becky


Can a young man find the courage he never knew he had when faced with losing everything he holds dear?
A few months before his final exams in secondary school, nineteen-year-old Lennart Kelly discovers he’s inherited a house on Adelaide Road in Dublin from a grandfather he never knew. Having been ignored, bullied and abused for as long as he can remember, Lennart can’t wait to leave behind his father and the small town he grew up in. Moving away as soon as he finishes his exams doesn’t cure his deep-rooted insecurities though.
Meeting twenty-three-year-old Aidan Cassidy in a gay club on his second night in Dublin, scares Lennart. Used to being ignored and ridiculed, he doesn’t trust the attention he receives and can’t believe a man like Aidan could possibly be interested in him. It takes infinite patience and understanding from Aidan to slowly coax Lennart out of his shell.
But the past refuses to stay where it belongs and Lennart’s father is determined to take the house in Dublin off his son by whatever means necessary. Just when Lennart is learning to trust and embrace life, a violent attack threatens everything he holds dear. Suddenly Lennart is in danger of losing his house, the man he’s grown to love and maybe even his life. If Lennart wants to protect Aidan and safeguard his future, he’ll have to find the courage he never knew he had.




  I can hardly put into words how much I love this book, but I will try! First off the cover is A-mazing, and the writing is gripping and captivates you from the first line!

Lennart moves away from home and his controlling emotionally never there father, to a house he inherited from a Grandfather he never knew, and finding out the reason why he wasn't allowed to know his Grandfather will throw you for a loop! 

When Lennart meets Aidan on his second night in Dublin he can't believe a guy so attractive, with so much magnetism is trying to chat him up. As they get closer one of the road blocks they face is Lennart not believing he is good enough. 

You will see a progression in Lennart as the story moves forward, he is starting to believe that he deserves the good things that happen to him, until he and Aiden suffer a terrible attack, and who may be behind it will chill your blood!

Can Lennart find that place inside himself to stand up to the person he fears most? If he can't will he still be able to hold onto Aidan?

Man friends, you simply have to read this book! It is amazing from cover to cover, and it is on my re-read soon list for sure! Thanks Helena, for such a powerful gripping story!


                                                the 5 Hurl (Hurley Stick) rating :)

I JUST HAD TO DO THE HURLEY STICK RATING, IT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THE STORY THAN YOU THINK! HERE ARE THE BUY LINKS: PLEASE, PLEASE GRAB THIS STORY, IT IS AMAZING AND WILL HAVE YOU CAPTIVATED JUST LIKE IT DID ME!



HERE IS THE LINK TO THE BOOK TRAILER: DON'T MISS IT:


GREAT RIGHT? NOW FOR THE EXCERPT: :) 

Whatever I’d expected it hadn’t been his lips on mine. He hadn’t walked away after my outburst. He’d called me cute. He kissed me as if he’d never found anything tastier than my mouth. Everything his words hadn’t been able to convince me of became believable while we kissed. I surrendered and hoped he could taste my apology off my response, that my tongue tangling with his, would tell him how much I wanted to be there, with him.
Aidan pulled me closer until our bodies touched in all the important places. The bulge in his shorts against mine made me dizzy and brave. I pulled his shirt out of his trousers and explored his skin with my hands. The sensation of naked skin under my fingers was both familiar and a revelation and filled me with a sense of wonder. His chest was more hairy than mine and I loved running my fingers through the short curls. When my thumb brushed his nipple, he inhaled sharply, so I did it again. Aidan allowed me my explorations. He deepened our kiss as my hands got more adventurous.
“I want to see you.” I felt the blush erupt on my cheeks as soon as the words left my mouth.
Aidan brushed his lips over my heated cheeks. “You’re so cute when you blush.”
His words only heightened my awkwardness. I felt lost when he pulled back but only until he pulled his shirt over his head.
I couldn’t help myself and stared. Aidan looked nothing like me. My skinny body had hardly any definition at all. Aidan, on the other hand, had broad shoulders, well defined upper arms and while not quite a six-pack, a very well cut stomach. The hair on his chest was black, just like the little trail of hair disappearing into his shorts.
Aidan laughed when I licked my lips. “Like what you see?”
I nodded and reached for the button on his shorts, half expecting him to stop me.
“Whatever clothes you strip off me, I will take off you too.” Aidan’s voice mirrored the heat flowing through my veins.
His statement confused me for a moment, until I realised he’d given me an out. He’d put me in control of what would happen next. The idea both reassured and scared me. I had no experience with men, or women for that matter. I’d no idea how this worked, what should happen next, how far we should go. I couldn’t have stopped though. I needed to see more of him. I yearned to discover what it felt like to have a naked body pressed against mine. I didn’t think about all the things those bodies might do once naked.
I pushed the button through the hole and lowered the zip. After I’d grabbed the band of his shorts, I looked into his eyes, searching for permission to go on. His normally deep brown eyes had darkened to almost black.
“Are you sure?” Aidan whispered the question.

MAN YOU REALLY GOTTA READ THIS BOOK! HERE IS A BIO AND SOCIAL LINKS FOR HELENA:

Helena Stone can’t remember a life before words and reading. After growing up in a household where no holiday or festivity was complete without at least one new book, it’s hardly surprising she now owns more books than shelf space while her Kindle is about to explode.

The urge to write came as a surprise. The realisation that people might enjoy her words was a shock to say the least. Now that the writing bug has well and truly taken hold, Helena can no longer imagine not sharing the characters in her head and heart with the rest of the world.

Having left the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam for the peace and quiet of the Irish Country side she divides her time between reading, writing, long and often wet walks with the dog, her part-time job in a library, a grown-up daughter and her ever loving and patient husband.

Helena can be found in the following places:


I LOVE THIS BIO! CHECK OUT HELENA'S SOCIAL LINKS TOO, SHE IS A SWEETHEART! THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR THIS RELEASE DAY REVIEW, I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH, AND SO WILL YOU! SEE YOU NEXT TIME GUYS!








No comments:

Post a Comment