ASK AN AUTHOR DAY 3: CLAUDIA HOSTS RJ JONES!!


HEY GUYS, I AM HERE WITH DAY THREE OF MY ASK AN AUTHOR SERIES, AND TODAY CLAUDIA IS HOSTING RJ JONES! BELOW IS HER INTERVIEW WITH RJ. (WHAT A GREAT AUTHOR CLAUDIA CHOSE, I LOVE HER WORK TOO) AND SOME LINKS TO RJ BOOKS: LET'S GET STARTED:


Note from Claudia:

I must say that I’m fangirling here... since I’ve read all of RJ books and I’m dying to read her next one, I had to pick RJ when Bec asked us to choose a writer to interview :)

1)      Hi RJ, I love your writing style… It keeps me hooked from the start, in all your books, without exception!!!  I would like to know how did you become an m/m writer? What inspired you to follow this path?

Thank you for the lovely intro. It's so nice to hear that my stories and writing are well received. :)  I started this journey when an author friend of mine was struggling with a shower scene she was writing. We spoke on the phone and I helped her out as best I could. The next day I had two guys in my head telling me about their own shower scene. They wouldn't shut up and I couldn't concentrate on anything else. I thought if I wrote the scene down that would be the end of it, but nooo, after that they insisted on telling me their entire story. That's how Out Of the Blue was born but that shower scene was cut in editing.

Claudia- I am so glad you had that conversation, I couldn't imagine not meeting any of your boys :P!

2)      Which of your books / mc is the closest to your heart? I imagine they all are, but which one is your special baby and why?

This is such a tough question to answer. My favourite is always the one I'm currently working on. So at the moment it's Indigo Road as I've just written the blurb. It releases at the end of November and I just love these two guys.  Last week it was my Grease shorts. I just love Jason, he's so snarky and sarcastic, he was a joy to bring to life. I've also just written a novella set in London which is so lovely I melt whenever I think of the two characters. Next week it will probably be the story I'm planning on writing for Nanowrimo.

Claudia- I need all of these, like yesterday! I know they will be awesome like your other books!

3)      I love Out of the Blue series and I would like to know when we’ll get the next book and if you could tell us who will be the Mc’s? and could you tell us a little (pretty pretty please???) about the story?

The third in the series will be Brandon and Mason's story and the working title is True Blue. I hope to have it ready for release March 2016. Brandon has always considered himself straight. Sure he may have wanted to kiss his best friend in high school, but the opportunity was taken away from him when his friend's life was cut tragically short. He wasn't mature enough at the time to realise that was the beginning to discovering who he was, so he simply stopped thinking about other guys. Is that enough of a teaser?  LOL
And I'll just slip this in here. You may or may not see a certain couple's wedding take place in True Blue. *wink*

Claudia- Oh yes that's enough of a teaser (for now :P), I can't wait, I love this series!

4)      I have read your new short stories and loved them - will we see more about Jason and Paul? Their honeymoon, perhaps?

You're not the first person to ask me this. I've had a few people requesting their honeymoon, but I don't plan on expanding their story. I never planned on Out Of the Blue to be a series either, so you never know.

Claudia- Well I will hold onto hope then! I love those stories!! :)

5)      How many WIP's are you working on?  What can you tell us about your current WIP?

Oh geez. If I have a look at my WIP folder I have seven stories in varying degrees of word count, including Indigo Road which is currently in editing. Indigo is the road trip story of Josh and Alex. Best friends and recent college graduates, they take a year off to travel the country together. They come across some great and not so great people along the way who all help, in some degree, to make the guys realise they're perfect for each other. 

The tagline sums it up: Two best friends take a year off to find themselves... and end up finding each other. It has some scary moments for the boys so it's not all rainbows and puppies. I hope you love it as much as I do.

Thank you so much for asking me to join you here today, it's been a pleasure talking to you. I've had a great time, and be sure to keep your eye out for snippets of Indigo Road. :)

Claudia- Oh I will! Thanks so much RJ, this has been wonderful, I can't wait for all these books!

THAT WAS AWESOME GUYS! THANKS CLAUDIA AND RJ, FOR A WONDERFUL INTERVIEW! HERE ARE SOME LINKS FOR R.J. BOOKS, AND SOCIAL LINKS, CHECK THEM OUT:








RJ'S WEBSITE

RJ'S AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

USE THESE LINKS GUYS, YOU WILL LOVE THESE BOOKS AND THIS AUTHOR! JOIN ME TOMORROW FOR DAY 4 OF ASK AN AUTHOR, SEE YOU THEN!!



No comments:

Post a Comment