UNEXPECTED RELEASE DAY REVIEW!!



HEY THERE FRIENDS, I AM SO EXCITED TO BRING THIS SHORT STORY TO YOU TODAY, I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO READ IT, I HAVE BY REVIEW OF UNEXPECTED ( PART OF THE NEVER TOO LATE DAILY DOSE FROM DREAMSPINNER), LINKS, AND EVEN AN EXCERPT FOR YOU, SO LET'S GET STARTED! 



HOW TRUE OF THESE TWO MEN! HERE IS MY REVIEW:


                                              Unexpected by: Amelia Mann
                                                             reviewed by: Becky


Fifty-one-year-old Jonathan Allen is watching his friends sign domestic partnerships left and right, and for the first time considers how lonely his future might become. His last boyfriend was a parasite, hurting him in so many ways, and he’s beginning to believe living alone with his cat is a better option than chasing shadows. 

When Jonathan starts working for Tricorp, a multinational construction company dealing with conservative religious countries in the Middle East and Asia, he connects with CEO Blake Carter on all levels. But the company is antigay and forces its employees to sign a reticence clause, which puts the company on the LGBT-blacklist, and Jonathan back into the closet. He knows fantasizing about Blake is a pointless endeavor. But life throws them a curveball when Jonathan’s ex and a man from Blake’s past come together to destroy both their lives. 

A story from the Dreamspinner Press 2015 Daily Dose package "Never Too Late."




I love a short story that has a big story to tell, and this one does it in style! You will love Jon and Blake, and believe me you will be angry on their behalf! I love how this author pulls you into the story and doesn't let you go until the last word of the last line!

Jon has been hurt by his ex, a younger man who just wanted him for his paycheck it seemed, Jon cut him off and thought he was rid of him, well sadly he couldn't have been more wrong. 

Blake is CEO of Tricorp, but someone doesn't want him to be and has a vendetta against him. Can these two men come together to find out who is behind trying to ruin their lives before they lose everything? 

Blake and Jon find they have a mutual attraction, and this gets them to thinking that maybe what happened wasn't all bad! You will enjoy this book so much, I hope you will grab it up friends! Thanks Amelia, for a wonderful short story that goes straight to the heart!

                                                   the 5 bowls of chili rating :)

YES I HAD TO DO THE BOWL OF CHILI RATING FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THIS STORY MADE ME WANT ONE! YOU'RE WELCOME :p HERE ARE THE LINKS:

DREAMSPINNER PRESS BUY LINK

GOODREADS LINK

GOOD NEW FRIENDS, THE BOOK IS ON SALE AT DREAMSPINNER, SO GRAB YOUR COPY NOW :) HERE IS AN EXCERPT FOR YA:


I got up from my seat and walked to the front, facing all the men in the room. With my six-foot-three frame, I towered over not just those who were sitting down at the conference table, but also over those who were standing due to the lack of chairs. Blake’s assistant Claire had done everything in her power to find more chairs when it turned out that the group consisted of twenty-five men, not ten, as had been expected.

“I assume the heat wave in Detroit right now is nothing compared to Riyadh?” I asked our future clients rhetorically as I pushed the button to start the projector. The three eagles that were Tricorp’s logo came up on the big screen. I grabbed the remote control to my computer so that I could stand in the middle of the room and change slides.

Blake smiled at my joke, and there it was again, that ignition key for my libido. I couldn’t help it. I always felt it when Blake Carter entered a room, even if I sat with my back to the door. It was that tingly feeling I normally only got around other gay men. It proved that my gaydar had to be broken, and letting him figure in my thoughts when I was alone in my bed after a long day at Tricorp was as meaningless as a key without a lock. My brain told me it was impossible for the CEO of Tricorp to be gay, but my sixth sense kept shouting at me that he was not straight as a poplar.

Our guests murmured to each other, making the room buzz from the low tones, while Blake and I were changing places.

“Well, Jon, you might find out the temperature yourself when we go to Saudi Arabia to start the construction project you’re about to present,” Blake said quietly to me as he passed me on his way to take my chair at the back of the room. His dark brown eyes twinkled as we exchanged glances.

At that moment I promised myself that as soon as possible, I’d have to go out and just find someone to fuck and get this frustration over and done with. Blake was not for me. Not like that, anyway.

Waiting for our clients to settle down again, I took a quick glance at my cell phone to check the time, and noticed a long list of unread text messages. One number was more than familiar to me, and stuck out from all the job related texts that had gathered up since this morning. Without thinking I pressed the message icon on the screen and read it.

The end mutherfucker.

Paul never could spell. The idiot.

Staring at my phone, I tried to understand the meaning of it. I scrolled through the other messages, searching for an explanation, but that was it. Just three words. Did he mean the restraining order I had against him would expire next month? I already knew it would be the end of six months in peace for me and the message left me feeling uneasy.

Blake cleared his voice, and I looked up. “Jon, will you begin?” he urged me.

I’d lost my concentration for a second. My audience was already quiet.

I turned off my cell phone in case Paul would try again; I didn’t want to risk him disturbing me while I did the presentation.

“So, I’m Jonathan Allen. I’m Tricorp’s strategy development manager. I will start with showing you some of our plans for the future. As you know, Tricorp has already developed itself in many Far East countries. The Middle East is now our main market.”

I knew my presentation so well I didn’t have to look at the projected images on the screen behind me.

I made eye contact with Blake. He looked relaxed, as always. I straightened my shoulders and took a deep breath.

“Yes. Ah… In an expanding market, Tricorp is positioned as one of the leading international construction companies.” My voice was fully stable. That was good. No one would hear I was a little nervous. “Our market share last year increased to 10 percent of the industry.” I grabbed the little remote control and removed it from my front pocket. I took a quick glance down at my hand holding the device; I didn’t want to lose eye contact with our clients, just find the forward button. I kept my thumb on it, prepared to change to the first slide.

“Tricorp also trains the local workforce in skills that profit your country in the future.”

It was time for the first picture. I pressed the remote.

There was a collective gasp for air when my audience saw the image behind me. I was quite pleased with the reaction; Tricorp’s design team had won a very prestigious prize for that building, and obviously they noticed. I smiled.

“We offer planning, design, and financing, and will monitor the project until the structure is ready for occupancy. Since April—”

I was interrupted by a man brandishing his hand at me as if holding a red card, angrily crying out in another language. He stood up with such force that his chair rattled its aluminum legs when it tipped over and crashed onto the hardwood floor.

“Jon!” Blake gasped. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” His voice had an edge to it that could have split diamonds, and he stared at the screen behind me while a thousand emotions skimmed his face.

“Sorry?” I knew exactly what I was doing. We were securing a multimillion-dollar deal.

Blake pushed away from the wall and rapidly navigated his way through the crowd. Several men in the group stood up, talking to each other. One man filmed me and Blake with his cell phone.

I looked over at Claire, who had positioned herself by the sideboard, ready to serve coffee during the break we had planned. She held her hand in front of her mouth, and she resembled a hunted animal, glued to the floor but ready to flee or fight at any minute, depending on the predator’s next move.

“Turn that damned thing off. Now!” Blake’s controlled voice cut through the noise like a knife. He pointed at the screen behind me, and I turned around and looked at the picture. It was not our office building.

It was me.

Blown up to twice the size, there was a photo of me, lying naked on my bed, projected onto the wall.


UH HUH, YOU GOTTA READ IT RIGHT? YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET PEOPLE! THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR MY REVIEW OF UNEXPECTED, YOU WILL LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DID!


No comments:

Post a Comment