THE BLINDING LIGHT BY RENAE KAYE REVIEW!!


HELLO FRIENDS, I HAVE A GREAT ONE FOR YOU TODAY ( I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM JUST NOW READING THIS BOOK :p) THE BLINDING LIGHT BY RENAE KAYE IS A WONDERFUL READ AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU, I HAVE MY REVIEW, BUY LINKS, AND EVEN A SMALL EXCERPT, SO LET'S GET STARTED! 



THIS QUOTE IS PERFECT FOR THIS BOOK! HERE IS MY REVIEW:


                                 The Blinding Light by: Renae Kaye
                                                          reviewed by: Becky


Jake Manning’s smart mouth frequently gets him into trouble. Because of it, he can’t hold a job. Combined with some bad luck, it's prevented him from keeping steady employment. A huge debt looms over him, and alone he shoulders the care of his alcoholic mother and three younger sisters. When a housekeeping position opens, Jake’s so desperate he leaps at the opportunity. On landing, he finds his new boss, Patrick Stanford, a fussy, arrogant, rude… and blind man. 

Born without sight, Patrick is used to being accommodated, but he’s met his match with Jake, who doesn’t take any of his crap and threatens to swap all the braille labels on his groceries and run off with his guide dog unless he behaves. 

Jake gets a kick out of Patrick. Things are looking up: the girls are starting their own lives and his mum’s sobriety might stick this time. He’s sacrificed everything for his family; maybe it’s time for him to live his life and start a relationship with Patrick. When his mother needs him, guilt makes his choice between family and Patrick difficult, and Jake must realize he’s not alone anymore.





As I was reading this book I was sucked in to the story line and I just fell in love with sweet Jake,  who was always trying to take care of everyone else and not making time for himself! This is a man anyone would be lucky to have, but Jake wouldn't give his heart to just anyone!

After going to a job interview and accepting a housecleaning job despite the fact that he had been warned the client was....difficult, Jake finds his life changed forever! 

Patrick is a blind man who is used to just barking orders and having them followed, not having to answer to anyone, but boy does that change when Jake comes to work for him. Jake is a caregiver by nature, he has had to care for his three younger sisters because his mother, for one reason or another wasn't able to, what will happen when he tries to take care of Patrick, someone who isn't used to attention like that at all?

Through the sharing of their respective stories and the connection they feel for each other, will these men learn their places in each others lives, and heart?

This is a beautiful story of two men who are so different, but so right for each other, it is a wonderful read with delightful and heartfelt surprises along the way I recommend to anyone! Thanks Renae, for giving us a book that proves it isn't what one can't do that counts, but what they can!

                                                     the 5 happy dwarf rating :)

HAHA, YOU WILL SEE WHY I DID THIS RATING I PROMISE! HERE ARE THE BUY LINKS AND THE GOODREADS LINK FOR THIS ONE: 

DREAMSPINNER PRESS BUY LINK

AMAZON BUY LINK

GOODREADS LINK


My Tav shift flew by, and before I knew it I was herding the late crowd out the door and cleaning up. “So where’s Prince Charming tonight, Jake?” Charlie boomed at me across the empty bar where I was collecting glasses. “Who?” “Your boyfriend—Patrick,” Charlie replied with a smirk. I stacked a few more glasses in my tray and hefted it onto my shoulder. “Who said he was my boyfriend?” Charlie was wiping down the surfaces of the bar with hot, soapy water and gave a bark of laughter. “Happy and Sleepy say so. You’ve gone from Dopey to Happy, so I’m just wondering how long he’s planning on sticking around before Grumpy shows up.” I flicked him a finger. “Piss off.”

 Charlie laughed and polished up a tap. “He seemed a nice enough bloke. I was surprised he hasn’t come down again.” “He’s a bit shy. Thinks that people won’t like him if he knocks a drink over or trips on a step,” I explained. “I don’t think he meant to get drunk when he came here last, just that he was nervous and tried for some Dutch courage.” Charlie waited while I fetched a broom to sweep up. “Does it matter to you? About him spilling things and tripping up?” “Nope,” I said emphatically. “I mean, I get upset if he’s upset, and pissed if someone laughs, but I don’t care if he has six fingers on one hand and turns purple with every full moon. He is who he is and that’s who I like.”

TOLD YOU I HAVE A REASON FOR THE HAPPY DWARF RATING! THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR MY REVIEW OF THE BLINDING LIGHT, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS ONE YET BOY ARE YOU IN FOR A TREAT! 






No comments:

Post a Comment