WHAT WHO WRITES IS READING WEEK 4- KATHLEEN KERRIDGE




HELLO FRIENDS: WELCOME TO WEEK 4 OF WHAT WHO WRITES IS READING! TODAY WE HAVE THE LOVELY  KATHLEEN KERRIDGE ! HER FAVORITE BOOK MAY SOUND FAMILIAR, IT IS LOVED BY MANY, AND FOR GOOD REASON, I HAVE ACTUALLY REVIEWED IT, I WILL INCLUDE A LINK TO MY REVIEW OF HER FAVE BOOK, AS WELL AS LINKS TO MY REVIEWS OF HER TWO BOOKS! LET'S GET TO IT!



HERE IS KATHLEEN'S FAVORITE BOOK: 



                                                               Bad Things
                                                              by: Varian Krylov


Xavier makes a lot of people nervous. The rest, he flat-out scares. More than his hulking, tattooed body, it's his predator's gaze that makes people feel vulnerable, as if he had the power to read their thoughts and see their soul. For his lovers, it's Xavier's ravenous appetite for all things carnal—for the taste of flesh under his tongue and the feel of a trembling body under his control, for whispered pleas and muffled cries—that makes him dangerous.

But recently, driven by a festering rage against the men who attacked his sister a decade ago, Xavier has developed a taste for a different kind of hunt and conquest: stalking men who do truly bad things and punishing the predators he sniffs out. The problem with vigilante justice, though, is sometimes the man in your trap is innocent.

Carson suspects he's playing a risky game with dangerous men. But the lies are convincing, especially when they're slipped to him among hundred dollar bills. He never guessed how big and dark the secret hidden under all the lies and money could be. And he has no idea he's not the predator, but the prey, until it's too late.

And you can't beg for mercy when there's a gag in your mouth.

But when Carson escapes from Xavier's trap, he's forced to accept that Xavier is far from his most dangerous enemy. Xavier may even hold the key to overcoming the painful past that has kept Carson prisoner for almost two decades.




It’s very hard to pick out one book that stands out from the crowd. Once I sat and thought about it, I realised just how much I read and how many of those books have stuck with me. I have my favorites, which are constantly on my Kindle App ‘carousel’.
I need to get one thing out of the way: I’m a compulsive reader. In a book drought, I’ve been known to read kids’ books, loo-roll packets, ingredients on a toothpaste tube…you get the idea. A book comes my way and it gets devoured. I have the app on my phone, which means I am never without a book. This is a good thing and a bad thing. It means I have read a LOT of crap along with some amazing reads.
But my favorite book? It has to be ‘Bad Things’ by Varian Krylov.
I have a confession to make, though. I disagree with what a lot of people think about Xavier. Yes, he's big and bad, with an inherent streak of violence that so suits him as a Dominant between the sheets (or in the cellar). Yes, there is a screwy part of his brain because, let’s be honest, normal people don’t keep men chained up in their basements, right? Please say I’m right, because if that’s going on, I may never look at my neighbors the same again. The thing is, though, I see another dimension to this character. I have read and reread the book and each time I have read it, something else pops out at me, giving a further insight to this emotionally damaged man.
I think the battle Xavi has with his own mind and his own predilections towards violence are crafted with such skill in Bad Things that it is as much as a psycho-analytic evaluation of the psyche, as it is a novel. It’s…clever. Normally I hate ‘clever’, but this is exceptional and manages to be clever without being pretentious or sanctimonious. There is no need for huge words that need me tapping the app’s online thesaurus every other page—Varian lets the reader know she could use them, if she wanted to, but hell, get stuck in and enjoy the read, okay?
The journey both characters travel is a joy to behold. The love develops with time, becoming stronger for it, I think. There is no ridiculous instant love, with marriage following exactly three days after first sight. There is absolutely no laughable dialogue ruining the steamiest sex scenes I have known to grace the inside pages of a book. Varian Krylov has a great skill for showing the reader exactly what is happening, without either man describing it in a play-by-play checklist of sexual techniques found thanks to Google.
This is no Mills and Boon or Harlequin (I think that’s the USA?) book. It is not fluff and air. It is real, gritty and hard, like life is. It’s an artful masterpiece, which makes it a winner for me.

Kathleen Kerridge.


I HAVE TO AGREE THAT THIS IS AN AWESOME BOOK: HERE IS MY REVIEW OF BAD THINGS:



I HAVE REVIEWED KATHLEEN KERRIDGE'S  TWO AWESOME BOOKS TOO: HERE ARE THE LINKS:




THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR WEEK 4! AND THANKS TO OUR LOVELY AUTHOR THIS WEEK, KATHLEEN KERRIDGE! 




No comments:

Post a Comment