EPHEMERAL DARKNESS PRE-RELEASE EXCERPT AND REVIEW SPOTLIGHT:

YAY! ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS TILL YOU CAN GET YOUR MITTS ON MICHELE MICHAEL RAKES NEW SHORT STORY, EPHEMERAL DARKNESS! TODAY WE HAVE THE COVER AND BLURB, MY REVIEW, AN EXCERPT, AND PRE-ORDER LINKS: LET'S GET TO IT SHALL WE!! 





I WILL POST PRE-ORDER LINKS AFTER THE EXCERPT! NOW HERE IS MY TAKE ON THIS WONDERFUL STORY:




OH THIS SUMS UP THIS BOOK SO WELL! HERE IS WHAT I THOUGHT OF IT:


                                 Ephemeral Darkness by: Michelle Michael Rakes
                                                                    reviewed by: Becky


Kel gave up his restaurant in America to follow his boyfriend James back to Scotland, believing his lover offered him a new life. A chance to start over and put the pain of their rocky relationship in the past. He wasn’t expecting a prison.
Logan MacGregor imagined he’d live out his eternity in a melancholy solitude, trapped in a little Scottish croft on the edge of his ancestral lands.
When James shuts Kel up in the same croft, holding the man hostage through psychological dependency and the remoteness of the dwelling, Logan’s eternity is thrust into upheaval. Unable to rest any longer, Logan falls madly in love with the young American.





This book is, in a word, brilliant! The way it starts you are drawn into the story from the first paragraph, and like any amazing story, it doesn't let you up for air until you are done, and for a short story to do that is epic! I love Logan, and I feel for him and what he has gone through, and sweet Kel! Please get this one people, so then you can help me gang up on Mikey to continue this EPIC story! Thank you Mikey, for giving us a short story for the ages!


                                                            the 5 kilt rating of course!



NOW HERE IS AN EXCERPT:) ; 




I whisper to him, “You are lovely.” My voice is so much dust on the air, yet he turns, looking through me with those enchanting eyes.
“James? I could’ve sworn—James?”
I want to hold him, feel his bare limbs tangle with mine, to twine together as one, bound by our warmth, our slick cocks.
He wavers a bit as he moves into the center of the room, curses as he collides with a low table. “James?”
I circle him and his breath puffs cold. My boy needs heat. I light the fire in the old stone hearth. The spark of it dazzles in his eyes. He stumbles again, backward, intent on fleeing to my bed chamber. My only wish is to provide for him, but now I see he is frightened.
“James!”
James enters the room in a rush, his sand-colored hair disheveled. He is the larger of the two men, with dark, harrowing eyes. He swipes at my lovely man. My boy is quick and lithe, he side-steps him, but I can see in his eyes he realizes a grave mistake.
“Get over here, Kel.” The man’s voice a low, determined growl.
Kel. My hearts joy is named Kel. I try it out on my lips. The name crackles to life.
“Lovely, Kel.”
He looks sharp in my direction, but I don’t see any recognition. His dark brows knit over his fine nose and those verdant eyes narrow in suspicion.
In a blinding, shocking moment, a loud snap alters the room. My lovely boy, my Kel, is spun from me clutching his cheek.
“What have I told you about waking me?”
I rush the brute, fortifying my anger in a dangerous resolve, only to lie ineffectual next to my Kel whose eyes seem to have lost a season of life.
“I thought— James, you said this would be different.”
“Jesus, Kel. Sorry. I’m so sorry, baby. You know how I get when I’m tired. Come to bed.”
“I –I’d rather—”
“Come to bed, Kel. It’s freezing.”

OH YES I PROMISE YOU WILL LOATHE JAMES AS MUCH AS I DO!! NOW HERE ARE THE PRE-ORDER LINKS: THE SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICE IS $1.99, AND IT GOES UP TO $2.50 ON RELEASE DAY, JAN.30TH SO PRE-ORDER THIS BOOK! ($2.50 IS STILL AN AWESOME PRICE FOR THIS BOOK!)

MuseItHot:
Amazon:
Kobo:
Barnes and Noble:
Apple:


THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT THIS STORY WITH ME, DON'T FORGET TO TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU LOVED IT WHEN YOU READ IT ;)


                                                                      Scottish farewell!


No comments:

Post a Comment