DERRICK KNIGHT; MIRACLE ON MISTLETOE LANE SPOTLIGHT:


GLAD YOU COULD JOIN US TODAY FRIENDS: AS WE GET CLOSER TO THE HOLIDAY SEASON, WE START SEEING ONE OF MY FAVORITE PARTS OF THE SEASON, CHRISTMAS STORIES! BOY DO WE HAVE A LOVELY ONE FOR YOU TODAY, JOIN US AS WE LOOK AT MIRACLE ON MISTLETOE LANE, BY DERRICK KNIGHT:





THIS IS A LOVELY BOOK THAT I CAN'T WAIT TO EXPLORE FURTHER WITH YOU, WE HAVE MY REVIEW, BUY LINKS FOR THE BOOK, AND A DELIGHTFUL INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR! SO LETS TAKE A TRIP DOWN MISTLETOE LANE SHALL WE? 


                   Miracle on Mistletoe Lane by Derrick Knight
                                                          reviewed by: Becky


Joe Koehler and his six-year old son, Joey, are down on their luck. Currently, Joe is unemployed due to a bad economy and taking care of a medically complex son. Recently father and son became homeless due to their apartment catching on fire and Joe being without any insurance. They are forced to live in Joe's old red pick-up truck. Eventually father and son take refuge at Hope House, a local homeless shelter, which is run by a kindly, yet mysterious, elderly woman named Emily.

Sidney Maier recently inherited his grandparents home but the house is in desperate need of repair. Skills Sidney greatly lacks. He befriends a fellow church member Emily who is the Interim Director at Hope House. Sidney tells Emily that he needs help with remodeling his new home. Also, he confides in her, that he is lonely and wishes he could meet someone special.

Emily and her assistants orchestrate for Joe and Sidney to meet where an instant attraction forms between both men. Joe and Sidney embark on a journey of courtship, but soon a negative force learns of their budding romance and wants to stop it at any cost. Emily and her assistants must all use their special talents if Joe and Sidney are meant to live happily ever after.
 



I love this time of year, mainly because we get to read lovely, sweet little Christmas stories like this one! Everyone needs a little magic in their lives, and also a lot of love, and Derrick Knight gives us both with this gem! You gotta love Joe, a very sweet down on his luck guy that loves his son, and Sidney a lonely man who wants a family. These two will need some help with happy ever after, due to a so- called friend ( you will want to slap him I swear!),  but Emily and her gang or on it! Never underestimate the power of love and  the magic of a determined Emily! Thanks Derrick, for this little bit of Christmas Magic! I have included the Amazon US and UK buy links for this book so you can enjoy it now! *5 Stars*


Amazon US Buy Link


Amazon Uk Buy Link


NEXT WE HAVE OUR INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR OF THIS LITTLE GEM, DERRICK KNIGHT! SO GRAB A CUPPA AND SETTLE IN WITH OUR LITTLE ELF AND GET READY FOR A LOOK INTO THIS AUTHORS WORLD:






We are here with Derrick Knight talking about his charming Christmas Story, Miracle On Mistletoe Lane. Thanks so much for joining us Derrick, let's get right to the questions shall we? 



1. I loved the book Miracle on Mistletoe Lane, what made you want to write a Christmas Story?

Originally, I didn't set out to write a Christmas story.  The character Emily is responsible for transforming my contemporary romance novel into a modern day Christmas Fairytale.  I really enjoyed getting to know her.  

Bec- So did I, and I know many other readers did as well! So we have Emily to thank for this delightful story? Thanks Emily!!


2. My house was full of Christmas family traditions, what was your favorite from your childhood?


On Christmas Eve for dinner my mother made various fondues.  As a young child my sister and I always thought it was so cool to dip your food into oil, cheese, or chocolate fondue.  Also, it was our tradition to open our gifts on Christmas Eve.  What a treat!


Bec- Those sound like some awesome traditions, we had to wait till Christmas morning :(, it is so nice to have fond memories of Christmas's past. I think reading great Christmas stories brings those memories to the forefront!


3. Writing a Christmas story and keeping it fresh and lively can be tough, but you did this so well, did you base Mrs. Emily on anyone in particular? She is so real and full of life that she seems like an actual person.

The character Emily is based on a female co-worker.  Both women are wise, kind, calm, and try to see only the positive in people.  Neither woman ever gets angry or loses their temper.  The major difference between the two women is my co-worker is a nurse and Emily isn't, but Emily is a very special person in her own way. 

Bec- Indeed she is! I thought there had to be someone you had respect for that she was based on, because she is so well written and described! Great job conveying that!



4. I loved your book The Rekindling of Love, the first book in the Innkeeper series, when can we expect the sequel? 


I have the second book in the Innkeeper's Series with an editor now.  The second book will focus on Nathaniel and Dustin's continuing pursuit of becoming parents.  It's a story full of drama!  I think the reader will experience of roller coaster ride of emotions.  The second book is a medical drama-love story.  I hope to release the second book in Spring of 2015.  


The primary villain in "The Rekindling of Love"  will appear in the third book. They have returned to Glasburg with a renewed vendetta against Dwyer and John.  In the third book the villain is even more vicious.  

Bec- Wow it is hard to imagine "them" being more vicious, ugh I want to take a baseball bat to em now, lol! Can't wait for the next book in this series! Thanks for the timeline Derrick.




5. Can you please tell us what is the one book or author you read that made you decide this is what you wanted to do?

Ever since I can remember, I wanted to be a writer.  During my teenage years, I read a lot of mystery novels. At that time Agatha Christie was my favorite author. For a long time I thought I wanted to be a mystery writer.  I wanted to write the perfect whodonit like Ms. Christie, but every time I attempted to write a mystery, I was never motivated to finish that manuscript. 


Then back in late 2011, I was at a bookstore in BoysTowns in Chicago.  I went to the gay book section.  There were many gay romance books on the shelves.  Typically, I wasn't interested in reading a romance novel gay or straight.  Then I found one book intriguing.  It was Andrew Grey's "Love Means no Shame".  I purchased it on a whim.


After reading Love Means... I knew what type of genre I wanted to write about.  I realized the classic whodonit mysteries were dead (no pun intended) and why not try writing a gay romance. That is how "The Rekindling of Love" became a reality.  

Bec- I totally get that eye opening experience of reading a MM romance for the first time, and you are so lucky that Andrew Grey was your first MM book, he is wonderful. I know he would be happy to know he opened up a whole new world for you! What a great answer :) !


6. In Miracle on Mistletoe Lane what character is your favorite? The one that is closest to your heart and was the easiest to expand upon?
It is a toss up between Emily and Joey.  Both Emily and Joey were fun to write, especially the scenes with just the two of them.  When Joey was the only person present, Emily was willing to hint to the young boy about her knowledge of the magic world.

Bec- Those were some great additions to the book for sure. Joey is a wonderful, strong boy who deserves every little bit of magic he can get!


7. In the book Joe and Sidney had a love at first sight of sorts when they met the first time, do you believe that exists in real life? 
Yes, but I think it is rare. I have seen couples who compliment each other and are in loving relationships.  I envy and respect those couples who truly have found their soul-mates.  It's a rare gift!

Bec- It is rare, but I too believe it is possible. You are counted really lucky if you meet your true soulmate.


8. Last question Derrick, I promise! What is the one emotion that you want your readers to come away with after reading your lovely Christmas story?

Happiness is the emotion I'm hoping my readers feel after reading Miracle on Mistletoe Lane.  People want to see justice in the world, especially to those individuals who deserve a happy ending.  


Bec- Well I wouldn't worry about them not being happy after reading this book, it isn't possible to be anything else after reading Miracle On Mistletoe Lane! 


Thanks so much Derrick, for stopping by Bike Book Reviews, we really enjoyed having you and hope you come back soon! We will always love to have you and your wonderful stories! 

WE HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED THIS LOOK AT MIRACLE ON 

MISTLETOE LANE, DON'T MISS THIS CHRISTMAS STORY 

THAT IS SURE TO PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE, AND A 

SONG IN YOUR HEART!





No comments:

Post a Comment